Project surveys will be available to fill in, but if you cannot make tomorrow please copy and paste the following survey into an email, answer the questions and return here to us here at canongatecommunityforumATyahoo.co.uk at this email address, asap.
It was also decided last night, that SOOT would continue to run and make links with similar campaigns around the world.
THE CANONGATE PROJECT SURVEY
This survey will form part of our research project and the information we collect will be used to define the next stage of the project. You can fill it in anonymously or write your name at the end if you like.
Where do you live?
Connection with the Canongate?
What do you think the Canongate needs?
Delete the ones you do not think area needs,
MORE PERMANENT RESIDENTS
MORE FAMILY HOUSING
MORE GRASSED AREAS
BETTER MIX OF SHOPS (for residents & tourists)
A FOOD MARKET
OPPORTUNITIES FOR START-UP BUSINESSES
CHLDREN’S PARK/PLAY SPACE
MORE FACILITIES FOR TEENAGERS
MORE FACILITIES FOR OLDER PEOPLE
WORKING ARTISTS FACILITIES
MORE SUPPORT FOR LOCAL SCHOOL & NURSERIES
IMPROVEMENTS TO BACK GREENS (DRYING AREAS)
COMMUNITY GLASS RECYCLING
MORE PEDESTRIAN PRIORTY STREETS
NO SANDWICH BOARDS & STREET CLUTTER
MORE CITY CLUB CARS
BETTER LIGHTING AT NIGHT
YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE:
Write Agree or Disagree at end of question
1. Sound buildings should not be demolished
2. Communities to be consulted before council sell Public Buildings and Land
3. Common Good Land and Assets given greater protection and full recognition
(Owned by the people of Scotland- council are trustees on their behalf)
4. New developments should be required to respect historic place names
5. The Old Town needs responsive regeneration not dominant developments
6. `Caltongate` development should be stopped